Replace with anne sparkle...
What you’ll need:
- Empty plastic bottle
- Dry yeast (found in the baking section of the grocery store)
- Warm water
- Liquid dish soap
- 3% hydrogen peroxide
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Safety glasses
- Large tub or tray to catch the foam
- Location for the activity that can tolerate spills (of hydrogen peroxide as well as possibly food coloring), such as a kitchen or bathroom—or an outdoor location
- Liquid food coloring (optional)
- Different-shaped bottles or glasses (optional)
- Two old towels ( ones that you don’t mind getting dirty as food colouring may permanently die
What to do?
Choose a safe area ( things are going to get messy!!)
Lay out large tub to catch the foam ( maybe a towel underneath and an extra one for any mess)
Put on safety glasses
Place plastic bottle into tray
Measure out 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide and pour into plastic bottle (carefully!!)
Add a table spoon of dish soap into plastic bottle. Gently swirl ingredients together.
After you have swirl together the soap/hydrogen peroxide mixture this is where things get fun and we can add colour. Once mixture has stopped moving…simply drip 5-6 drops of food colouring on to the top and leave.
For a fun rainbow effect try and get the food colouring onto the sides of the insides of the bottle… just wait and see what happens!!
In a separate measuring cup add together 1 tablespoon of yeast and three tablespoon of warm water. Stir together for about 30 secs.
Take your yeast and warm water mixture and get ready!
- (Take a breath! Get ready to move back after!)
- Pour the yeast mixture into the bottle
If it's fun do it over and over again!